A surround-sound programmatic work based on I Kings 18
(The 1st mvt. of And They Gathered On Mount Carmel)
— Orchestra version —
Finalist, 2013 American Prize for Composition
ORIGINAL, EXPANDED ORCH VERSION: 3333 – 4662 – timp+5 – pno – strings
STANDARD ORCH VERSION: 3232 – 4331 – timp+3 – pno – strings
The brass are split into two choirs, one of each side of the audience.
SCROLL DOWN FOR RECORDINGS
BLOWS THE AUDIENCE AWAY
I have conducted this work on several occasions and it always blows the audience away. All of Ayers’ works are extremely well-crafted.
Score – expanded orchestra – $40
(preferred, original version)
3333 – 4662 – timp+5
Score – standard orchestra – $40
3232 – 4331 – timp+3
Rental Quote Inquiry
Also available for Concert Band
Video: band version
- Windiana Concert Band, Dr. Jeffrey Scott Doebler, conducting
- University of Rhode Island Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Dr. Gene Pollart, conducting
- Concordia Wind Orchestra, Dr. Jeff Held, conducting
- Valparaiso University Chamber Concert Band, Dr. Jeffrey Scott Doebler, conducting
- Heidelberg College Symphonic Band, Dr. John Owens, conducting
- Concordia University Chicago Wind Symphony, Dr. Richard Fischer, conducting
- Virginia Intercollegiate Honors Band, Dr. Jesse Ayers, conducting
- University of Kentucky Wind Ensemble, Dr. Richard Clary, conducting
This piece uses several extra “performers” surrounding the audience twirling whistling tubes. These performers can be guests such as local students, board members, or dignitaries.
The tubes are available from toy stores and online retailers like Amazon. A Google search for “whistling tubes” should locate them.